- All barrels are poured solid
(Be leery of sure lock methods of casting around sleeves or barrels that have not been poured solid.) Bronze Barrels are cast VERTICALLY!
- Barrels are then machine bored using deep hole gun drilling equipment.
- Barrels and trunnions are lathe turned using CNC lathes & Milling machines then we spend several hours hand polishing before painting. (Some companies JUST hand finish the outside of the barrels)
- Half inch wall thick seamless steel tubing with 65,000 lb tensile strength is used for the sleeve
- Sleeve is closed at the breach end with a steel plug threaded and then welded, NOT just sweat-fitted
- Breach plug has a radius of 25% of the bore and is 1 inch thick at the thinnest point and self centers at the base of the barrel.
- Barrels come equipped with a copper vent threaded into the barrel
- Compare all of our finishing steps on our Carriages and Carriage Hardware
Pressed Web - Web Design, Websites, Graphic Design, and Video Editing from Huntington, WV, Ashland, KY, and Ironton, OH